* Shakespeare invented the word “assassination” and “bump.”
* Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
* Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
* Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people do.
* The average chocolate bar has 8 insects’ legs in it.
* The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
* A rhinoceros horn is made of compacted hair.
* It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
* The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
* The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched.”
* All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
* “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”..
* Almonds are members of the peach family.
* Winston Churchill was born in a ladies’ room during a dance.
* The youngest pope was 11 years old.
* The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
* A snail can sleep for 3 years.
* China has more English speakers than the United States.
* The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
* A polar bear’s skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
* The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
* Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 other million people in the world?
* Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
* On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
* The strongest muscle in the body is the TONGUE.
* “I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
* The longest word in the English language is 1909 letters long and it refers to a distinct part of DNA.
* It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
* You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
* Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
* Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
* You know that you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
* The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
* There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
* Cat’s urine glows under a black light.
* Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
* In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
* Babies are born without knee caps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
* Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
* The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
* Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
* Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
* If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
* Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
* If Barbie were life-size her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall and have a neck twice the length of a normal human’s neck.
* Feb 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
* The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary.
* A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
* Polar bears are left-handed.
* The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds, that makes the catfish rank #1 for animal having the most taste buds.
* The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
* First novel ever written on a typewriter is Tom Sawyer.
* Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
* Donald Duck comics were once banned in Finland because he doesn’t wear trousers.
* More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
* The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
* The word “lethologica” describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
* TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
* If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
* The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
* A cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.
* Butterflies taste with their feet. Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
* An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
* Starfish haven’t got brains.
* Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
* Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
* The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
* Los Angeles’s full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula”. And can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, “L.A.”
* A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
* Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
* In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
* Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
* When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home, the stadium becomes the state’s third largest city.
* The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s “Its A Wonderful Life”.
* The name for Oz in the “Wizard of Oz” was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N and O-Z, hence “Oz.”
* The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
* John Lennon’s first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
* The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
* There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
* Stewardesses’ is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
* The average secretary’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
* A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
* There are more chickens than people in the world.
* Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
* A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
* A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
* If you are a goldfish, you probably won’t even remember what website brought you to this page.